Terms & Conditions
Terms of Business
1. Guestroom Supplies is a trading style of JWE Partners of 3 Princes Street, Bath, BA1 1HL. Terms such as "we", "us" and "our" refer to JWE Partners t/a Guest Room Supplies where they are used in these terms and conditions. A list of Partners is available on request.
2. We sell to Trade only, and in placing an order with us you agree that you are buying as a business and not as a private individual.
3. If you order from us you agree to be bound by these terms. We will not transact business under any terms other than these, and these terms shall supersede any that you may wish to apply.
4. We reserve the right to amend these terms at our sole discretion and without notice.
6. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto our website.
7. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing. Manufacturers have a policy of continual product development so items may vary in appearance and specification from those shown on our website.
8. Placing an order with us (be it prepaid or otherwise) does not constitute an obligation on us to fulfil it. We reserve the right to reject any order for any reason without explanation. Your order is acknowledged and accepted by us when we send confirmation of despatch to you or when you collect from our premises.
9. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
10. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been despatched.
11. You accept that a variance of plus or minus 10% to the quantity ordered is an acceptable variance for items packed in case quantities of more than 200.
12. Where our supplier has increased prices and it is uneconomical for us to supply the goods at the price shown on the website at the time of your order we will give you the opportunity to cancel your order without penalty.
13. Prices on our website, and indeed all prices quoted by us, are quoted without VAT and you must pay the VAT at the prevailing rate.
14. Time shall not be of the essence in this contract.
15. We shall not be held liable for any consequences of a delayed delivery whatever they may be.
16. If an item or items in your order are out of stock we shall, at our absolute discretion, either hold delivery until the entire order is ready to ship or despatch those items that are in stock straight away, despatching those out of stock items to you as soon as they arrive.
17. You agree that personalised items often have a very long lead time.
18. You agree to inform us of delivery difficulties at the point of order and agree to indemnify us against additional charges levied on us due to delivery difficulties. We assume, unless informed to the contrary, that delivery can be made on 17 tonne vehicle with level access for pallet delivery. We only deliver to ground floor.
19. Carriers charge extra for delivery to areas outside England, Wales and the South Eastern areas of Scotland. More details can be found on the 'Shipping' page of our website or on enquiry. Delivery charges are subject to variation without notice.
20. You agree to hold us harmless for loss, damage or non-delivery that is unrecoverable by us from the carrier.
21. You agree that a delivery will always require a signature and that if you give us instruction to leave your delivery somewhere safe it is entirely at your risk.
22. Where there is no one present to sign for the delivery and delivery has been attempted twice without success, the goods will remain at the depot of the carrier local to you for up to 7 days. They will not make a third delivery attempt. If you do not collect your goods within this 7 day period the goods are automatically returned to us, and you agree to indemnify us against any charges levied on us for the return of the goods. We will delay re-despatch to you until such time as you have reimbursed us for the unauthorised return.
23. A Proof of Delivery from the courier shall be taken as irrevocable proof of delivery to your premises and you agree to hold us harmless for any failure of delivery where there is a Proof of Delivery provided by the courier.
24. If you are offered trade credit terms we expect you to run your account with us in a proper fashion and ensure that payments are made in accordance with the terms we agree.
25. Goods remain our property until payment of all outstanding invoices is received. We reserve the right to repossess any goods for which full payment has not been received. Until title passes you agree to hold the goods as bailee for JWE Partners, keeping the goods separate from all other products and labelling them so they can be easily identified as ours.
26. Payment is to be made in Pounds Sterling unless otherwise agreed in writing. You may not withhold some or all of the money you owe for any reason.
27. Overdue accounts will be subject to interest being charged on them at the rate of 8% over the Natwest Bank base rate from the due date until cleared payment is received. We reserve the right to stop further deliveries to you even if we are contracted to do so if your account is overdue.
28. Where no warranty is mentioned in the product description then the warranty shall be for a period of 1 month from the invoice date and this warranty will cover you for defects in materials and workmanship.
29. All warranties are a return to base warranty whereby you must return the item at your expense, in its original packaging to either ourselves or the manufacturer at our discretion to investigate the fault. Once it is agreed the fault is covered under the terms of the warranty then you will be reimbursed your reasonable costs for the return.
30. Where the item is found not to be faulty you will have to pay for the return of the item to you.
31. The warranty does not cover anything arising from wear and tear, accidental damage (whether wilful or otherwise), negligence, misuse, not following the instructions, mishandling, alteration or adaptation, modification or neglect, adjustment or repair. Wear and tear items include, but are not restricted to, elements in kettles, batteries, ironing board covers
32. The warranty is void if you have not fulfilled or are in breach of any of your responsibilities under this contract.
33. Refunds, part-refunds and replacements are at the sole discretion of the manufacturer and you agree to be bound by their decision. Further liability is specifically excluded.
Installation, Replacement and Use
34. Particularly in respect of electrical items you are solely responsible for ensuring that anything you buy from us is compliant with the rules and regulations of where you will use it. You will ensure, for instance, that electrical goods are installed by a qualified electrician. You will ensure all users receive proper training in the use of the items.
35. You accept full responsibility for disposal, recovery and reuse of electrical and electronic goods to which the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (or any regulation that implements, relates to or succeeds this) and the cost of disposal shall be yours.
36. We will not be held liable for any loss of income or profits or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by the negligence of us, our breach or non-performance or any of our obligations under these terms or otherwise.
37. These terms set out the full extent of our obligations and liabilities in respect of the sale of the goods. In particular there are no conditions, warranties or other terms, expressed or implied, as to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or of any other kind whatsoever, that are binding on us except as specifically stated in these terms. Any condition, warranty or other term concerning the sale of the goods, which might otherwise be implied into or incorporated within these terms, whether by statute, common law or otherwise, is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
38. We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance under this Agreement to the extent that said failures or delays are caused by causes beyond our reasonable control and occurring without our fault or negligence, including, without limitation, failure of suppliers, subcontractors, carriers and acts of God.
39. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
40. You may ask us to print or make something with a logo or other design. If you do the responsibility to comply with copyright and patent obligations is yours and you agree to indemnify us from any action if you have not so complied.
41. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
42. This agreement to be governed by English law